Hargreaves has used a wide variety of instruments both live and in the studio, but here are the details of the main instruments played by the current line-up, former members and guest performers.
For those who are interested, our current gear and instruments used for recordings include:
- Fender DG25S (Cedar-topped acoustic dreadnought – played in the studio by Chris – features in all recording sessions)
- Jackson Dinky (metallic blue – Iulian’s main guitar)
- Epiphone EJ-200 (2016 – sunburst – Iulian’s acoustic guitar)
- Aria YS-300 (1981 – red – Chris’ current electric guitar)
- Aria Elechord (1990 – sunburst – Chris’s live acoustic guitar)
- B&M Espana (classical guitar played in the studio by Chris and Iulian – features in early recording sessions)
- Aria SB-700 (1982 – Dark Oak finish – 34″ scale)
- Aria SB R-60 (1983-ish – red – 34″ scale – usually played by Chris, but also by James on ‘Anymore’ and occasionally by Claire)
- Cruiser by Crafter (32″ scale – used as a back-up, but also for ‘Dreams’ due to the shorter scale)
- Mainly Yamaha PSR series, but also Korg and whatever else was in the studio.
- Liam plays a Sonor ‘jungle’ kit and Roland V-Kit (electronic kit – meaning we can play as a full band at low volumes, or as loud as you like it).
Amps & Mics
- Fender Champ 110 (late ’90s) (Chris)
- Fender Champ and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe -Valve – (Iulian)
- Ibanez Promethean 300w amp and 1×15 cab
- Laney Richter 1×15 B4 165 watt bass amp with a home-made 1×15 extension speaker
- Laney monitors
- Sure SM58 and Stagg SM58 copy mics
- We have our own PA system for small venues and hire arrangements for large spaces